Followers

Wednesday 1 February 2017

Kit and Clowder January 2017 Pencil Class

Hi there,

I'm so proud of myself - well, I really shouldn't be, it should be obvious, but somethings just aren't. I've finished my third Create and Learn class third month in a row!!!

I'm one of these persons that cannot start on a project and then walk away and continue the next day. When I start a colouring project, I need to finish it the same day, and it does take a few hours to these classes, as they are multi layered.

I think I've done myself a huge favour by unsubscribing from some TV packages to get more me time now. I'll love to spend more time on colouring, reading and gardening (from spring - autumn) and not least on my long walks to continue strengthening my back.

Well, back to my January pencil class, here it is:


I love Molly Harrisons images and have a few of them and one of her Whimsical colouring books as well.

My challenge here was to blend the background so it looked smooth (I tried on thicker paper first and had to discard it, as the tooth was too much for my hands). The real life image transitions look not as harsh as on the photo. 

At first I thought "is she carrying the owl?" because I couldn''t see any legs due to the folds in her dress, then I noticed the claws on the branch, but still I missed to see the legs, so I prefer to think that her dress is covering them. Having seen more images in the album in Kit and Clowder, I now know where the legs are, so I might do the image again some time with other background colours and start with the legs, so I don't miss them a second time :-).

I really love the way the moon and its surroundings turned out. Never in a million years would I have been able to do it this way, if I hadn't taken these classes. 

I know it seems like a lot of work to make this project, but it really is quite easy, and I can assure you that you'll be able to make it the first time you try, if you follow the instructions in the booklet or the accompanying video. I cannot recommend the Kit and Clowder group and colouring classes enough. Not only do you learn to colour, you also get a second family. Everybody is really supportive and helpful not only regarding colouring, but also if you need help in any way. And Alyce of course, who spend all her time on our classes, games, book clubs, personal feed back when we upload our images in the classrooms etc. etc. is quite awesome. 

Please feel free to leave me a comment if you'd like my project, and, if you want to see my cards/projects on a regular basis, please join my blog. Getting more time on my hands now, hopefully means that my posts will not be this far apart from now on. 

Be happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment