Followers

Monday 29 February 2016

The Champion of Champions Challenge

Hi there!

Today I’m also showing you my entry to the Champion of Champions challenge in the World Wide Open Design Team challenge blog. This challenge is only open for winners from all categories in the monthly World Wide Open Design Team Challenges from July 2015 through to February 2016. And my very first DT project back in August won one of the categories. 

For my project I’ve used Sherri Ann Baldy ”IMG812”. You can find it by clicking the image title.

The image is one of many in the Fashionista series. It was not hard to come up with an idea, as I was watching the Golden Globe show the weekend before I made the card. What would be more obvious than to have my fashionista pose on “the red carpet”?

I decided to keep my card in green and pink colours as they are very eye catching when put together and that’s what you want, when you participate in challenges.

As you can see, my fashionista won the award for the Best Costume Design. I don’t know if the Golden Gobe Awards actually have this award, so I visited the Oscar website and saw this category there. So maybe it should have been the Oscars instead, which would be very appropriate since it was Oscar night yesterday. LOL


I used the following Copic markers for the project:

Skin: E11, E21, E00, E000, R20 and E04
Hair: E15, E97 and E13
Sunglasses: E35, C5 and Gelpen Neon Pink
Dress: YG63, YG03, YG11, Gelpen
Bow: Neon Pink and R27
Roses: Gelpen Neon Pink + Gelpen Neon Yellow and YG63
Shoes: Gelpen Neon Pink
Palm trees: E15, E3, G94, YG17, YG11 and YG03

As embellishments on the card, I’ve used a circle sentiment is from Digistamps4joy and a homemade “Best costume design” sentiment.

The palm trees are from Opal Manor (my go to for embellishments) and I’ve resized them to suit my project.

Finally, I added four homemade roses in green and pink to match the colour scheme of the project.

You will find the challenge here: http://championofchampionsdtchallenge.blogspot.dk/

I hope you like my card. Feel free to leave a message to let me know. Please join my blog if you would like to see my projects on a regular basis.

Be Happy Crafting!


2 comments: