Followers

Monday 23 November 2015

Thanksgiving card

Hi there,

Today there is a new challenge over at the Scrapbook Stamp Society challenge blog. This time the theme is Thanksgiving/Fall.

For my project I’ve used Sherri Ann Baldy SCAN0002ThanksGivingMadeWithLove. You can find it by clicking the image title.

I had a big challenge when I coloured this image. My E18 ran out of ink just before I started on her hair, so I had to experiment with the hair colours before I found a nice replacement. I decided to go with the W markers. You’ll see the combination further down.

This stamp couldn’t be more perfect for the Thanksgiving theme. This is another American tradition we don’t do here in Denmark. However, we do have something pretty similar called “Mortens aften”, only we eat duck instead of turkey. 


I had much fun colouring her when I overcame the hair colour challenge, and I used the following Copic markers for the project:

Skin: E13, E11, E21, E00, R20 and E04
Eyes: B18, B24 and B12
Hair: W7, W5 and W3
Turkey: E18 and E15
Leaf and berries: YG17, YG03 and BV13
Lettice: G17 and YG00
Dish: E43
Steam: B000 and R11
Nuts: E15 and E13
Leaves: YG17 and YG03
Blouse and Skirt: YR18, YR14, Y17, G99 and YG95
Apron: YG95
Socks: YG95, YR18 and Y17
Shoes: E18, E15 and E43

I have layered cardstock in autumn colours of brown, orange and green and have used big die cut leaves in similar colours. The sentiment is handwritten, which I think is quite obvious. 
To finish off the project, I put on two big bronze/orange pearls.

I hope you like my card. Feel free to leave a message to let me know. Please join my blog if you would like to see my projects on a regular basis.

Be Happy Crafting!

8.12.2015 - This images won the challenge mentioned below as no. 8 - whoo hoo!!!

I will enter this card into the following challenges:



24 comments:

  1. I love the autumn colours for a christmas card.
    So beautiful.
    Thank you for joining us at my Besties Meet at the Scrappers Corner
    Hugs Hester

    ReplyDelete
  2. And also Thank you for joining us at my Besties Deutschland.
    Hugs Hester

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kirsten,what a lovely thanksgiving card have you made.I do like the color of her hair it looks good by the color of her eyes...
    Good luck with the challenge. Yvonne My besties Dutch Girl DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us over here at My Besties Meet at the Scrappers Corner.
    Good Luck!
    Eleonora DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us over here at My Besties Meet at the Scrappers Corner.
    Good Luck!
    Eleonora DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, great autumn colours! Thank you for entering the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge, “Use a stamp or digi”. We hope to see you back again soon! Karola, CGE DT, InvisiblePinkCards

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet card I love it. Thank you for sharing it with us over at My Bestie Meet at the Scrappers Corner Challenge. Good luck on your entry. Hugs Andrea DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. su per cute card thank you for joining us at My Besties french blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet card here love all your fall colours. Thank you for sharing it with us over at My Bestie 3D and More Challenge Blog. Good luck on your entry. Hugs Andrea DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful thank you for joining us at My besties meet at the scrapers corner
    Michelle DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable card! Love this image. Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Meet At The Scrappers Corner Looking forward to see you again soon.
    Hugs,
    Tina
    MATSC DT
    Toadally Love To Craft {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  12. Es un excelente trabajo, felicidades. Gracias por participar con nosotros,,, Mucha suerte,,, y a seguir creando y disfrutando con My Besties Spanish Challege... Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty card...
    Thank you for joining My Besties Spanish.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I totally love this! So very festive and gorgeous! Thanks for linking at My Besties, Meet at the Scrappers Corner Challenge Blog. DT Twila

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really a beautiful creation!
    The colors are beautiful.
    It's so nice.
    Thanks for joining us at MBDGD.

    Greetz Linette (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful, thank you for joining us at My Besties Meet at the Scrappers Corner
    Carla DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, such a Beautiful card! I Love it! Thank you for joining our challenge over at My Besties Meet at the Scrappers Corner! DT Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is very nice.
    Thanks for joining us at MATSC

    Greetz Linette (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love it!
    Elia dt my Besties Spanish Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  20. Muy bella !! Muchas gracias por jugar con nosotras en My Besties Spanish Challenge Blog. Esperamos verte en el próximo reto.
    Lidia DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a wonderful creation and perfect for our 18th ‘ANYTHING GOES’ Challenge with a Besties Image’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {My Besties Meet at the Scrappers Corner DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  22. Très belle carte! Merci pour votre participation au défi My-Besties Français!
    Bonne chance!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hermoso trabajo gracias por participar en My Besties Spanish C. Gaby DT

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is so perfect for our ‘LAYERS’ theme. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {My Besties Aussie Challenge DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete