Followers

Monday 9 November 2015

GD at My Besties Friendship Challenge Blog


Hi there!


Today I am a Guest Designer over at My Besties Friendship challenge blog. My “Girl with a hat”, that I entered into the September challenge, won me this GD s pot.
For my GD project I’ve used Sherri Ann Baldy IMG310. You can find it by clicking the image title.

This is a really cute image from Sherri Ann Baldy. This girl is so adorable and I loved colouring her. The transparent skirt was a challenge, but I’m quite happy with the result. If you know of a little girl dancing, I’m sure she’d love to get a card with this image.

I had much fun colouring her, and I used the following Copic markers for the project:

Skin: E11, E21, E00, E000, R20 and E04
Eyes: B28, B24 and B12
Hair: E15, E13 and Y21
Skirt: RV63 and RV10
Bows and shoes: RV55, RV63 and RV10
Dots on blouse: RV55
Blouse and bow on her arm: YG03 and YG00
Rose: R27 and R10
Leaves: YG63 and YG03

What I always find difficult is to put the image on a card. Do I put too little or too much embellishment on? It’s always my fear that my cards are too simple, because I like that there’s not too much on to take the attention away from the image itself. And I’m not too good to layering, I think, but I hope I pulled it off this time.

As background I’ve used a pink die cut from a Marianne die as well as light green and dark green card stock. I have used two different kinds of pink flowers – I’ve been told by a friend that I should always put them on in uneven numbers – so there’s one big and two small flowers on opposite corners of the card. To balance them, I’ve put one big and two smaller pearls on the other opposite corners.

I hope you like my card. Feel free to leave a message to let me know. Please join my blog if you would like to see my projects on a regular basis.

Be Happy Crafting!

I will put her into the following challenges:

1. http://blogfrancaislesbesties.blogspot.ca/2015/11/defi-45-nimporte-quoi.html
2. http://mybesties3ddecoblog.blogspot.com.au/2015/11/challenge-17-october-anything-goes-with.html
3. http://mybestiesaussiechallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2015_11_01_archive.html
4. http://cardsgalorechallenges.blogspot.tw/
5. http://yourscrapbookplace.blogspot.dk/
6. http://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/2015/11/1st-november-2015-world-wide-open.html
7. http://meetatthescrapperscorner.blogspot.com.au/2015/11/1st-november-2015-my-besties-meet-at.html
8. http://mybestiesspanishchallengeblog.blogspot.dk/2015/11/reto-17-todo-vale-challenge-17-anything.html
9. http://artesaniasmyfavorites.blogspot.de/2015/10/challenge-20-alles-geht-mit-my-besties.html
10. http://craftingfromtheheartchallengeblog.blogspot.nl/2015/11/challenge-85.html
11. http://scrapbookstampsocietychallengeblog.blogspot.nl/2015/11/challenge-79-anything-goes-option.html

32 comments:

  1. Such a sweet card here and such a cute image, love your cut frame. Thank you for sharing it with us over at My Bestie 3D and More Challenge, and good luck with your entry. Hugs Andrea DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute card
    Thank you for sharing with us at my Besties french blog
    Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous thank you for joining us at My Besties meet at the scrappers corner
    Michelle DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just beautiful thank you for joining us at the WWODTC
    Michelle DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet card love your cut out frame. Thank you for sharing it with us over at My Bestie Meet at the Scrappers Corner Challenge. Good luck with your entry. Hugs Andrea DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous.
    Thank you for entering the World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
    Please note: We will be holding the "Champions of Champions" DT Challenge in March 2016 for all of the winners from all categories
    from these monthly challenges throughout the year.
    Annette DT Leader for the World Wide Open Design Team Challenge Group
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1608194249429483/?ref=bookmarks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you also for sharing your beautiful entry with us over here at My Besties Meet at the Scrappers Corner and best of luck with your entry.
    Annette DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, thanks for sharing with Crafting from the Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful!Thank you so much for charing your card with us at My-Besties Deutschland challenge this month !Good luck!
    Hugs Gudrun DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is beautiful.
    Thank you for joining us at my Besties Deutschland
    And My Besties Meet at the Scrappers Corner
    Hugs Hester

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a Gorgeous card!! Thank you so very much for joining our challenge over at My Besties Meet at the Scrappers Corner!! Mindy DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Kirsten thank you for joining us over on the WWODTC '5'
    Dianne x
    WWODT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card!
    Thanks for joining us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge
    Welcome again and Good Luck! Gr.Kaija Dt-member

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute card. Love the green. Thank you so much for entering our challenge at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge Blog Looking forward to see you again soon.
    Hugs,
    Tina
    WWO DT
    Toadally Love To Craft {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is so very beautiful and gorgeous colouring Kirsten
    Thanks for join us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.
    Good Luck and hope to see you again

    Greetings Karin DT Coördinator

    ReplyDelete
  16. So beautiful! Thanks for joining us at My Besties Meet at the Scrappers Corner Challenge Blog. DT Twila

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful project, thank you for joining us at My Besties Meet at the Scrappers Corner Challenge Blog
    Carla DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great project, thank you for joining us at My Besties Spanish Challenge Blog
    Carla DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your card is so pretty! I love it! Thank you for sharing at Besties 3D and More Challenge! Hugs Julie xox

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your card is lovely! Thank you for sharing with us over at My Besties 3d and More Challenge.
    Vicki, DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous Card. Thanks for joining us over here at My Besties Meet at the Scrappers Corner.
    Good Luck!
    Eleonora DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gracias por participar con nosotros,,, Mucha suerte,,, y a seguir creando y disfrutando con My Besties Spanish Challege... Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card
    Thank you for joining my besties spanish

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely creation!
    Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge "Use stamp or digi".
    Ileanaxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Magnifique! Merci pour votre participation au défi My-Besties en français!
    Bonne chance!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely card, cute image and love the die cut you used!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Your Scrapbook Place
    ¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))*((¸¸.•´ ..•´
    Shell in Alaska (DT)*

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is very nice.
    Thanks for joining us at MATSC

    Greetz Linette (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very nice! Thanks!
    Elisa DT My Besties Spanish Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hermosa !! Muchas gracias por jugar con nosotras en My Besties Spanish Challenge Blog. Esperamos verte en el próximo reto.
    Lidia DT

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is a wonderful creation and perfect for our 18th ‘ANYTHING GOES’ Challenge with a Besties Image’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {My Besties Meet at the Scrappers Corner DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hermoso trabajo gracias por participar en My Besties Spanish C. Gaby DT

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is so perfect for our ‘LAYERS’ theme. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {My Besties Aussie Challenge DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete