Followers

Sunday 18 October 2015

Halloween/autumn mode

Hi there,

I'm so in Halloween/autumn mode at the moment. I'm playing around the colours, digis and backgrounds.

The project I'm showing you today is the Wampire Witch by Scrappers Delight. It was a pleasure to colour her and she's been in my stack of finished images for a while now, so it was time to put her on a card.

I'm always afraid that I might run out of ideas on how to put my projects together, I mean, I don't want to make the same designs all the time. So, I was looking in my paper stacks and found this black cardstock and an idea popped into my head. I think I pulled it off, but I'll leave it to you to be the judge of that. But before I tell you all about it, I'll show you the project.

Last year I tried making my own embossing folders. Some of you might have seen them on facebook. Among them were this ghost embossing folder (and a witch embossing folder, which you'll see on a project at a later time, when I find the right image for it).

Well, the embossing folder is basically made of rather thick cereal boxes (cut to A5 size). Then I used my ghost punch and mod pudged all the ghosts onto it in a random pattern. Everything got another layer of mod pudge and left to dry. When it was dry, I found some black cardboard and ran it through my Double Do.

I was soo happy with the result, as I was a bit sceptical beforehand, whether it would be possible or not. Well, as you can see, it worked just fine.

Today my idea was to ink it up, as nobody has ever heard of black Halloween ghosts. I had a white ink pad, which I smeared all over the image - result: white ghosts.

I hope you like my project. Please leave a comment and if you want to follow my blog, please join it on top of the page or follow me on Google+

Until next time!

Be happy crafting

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

1. http://scrapbookstampsocietychallengeblog.blogspot.nl/2015/10/challenge-77-anything-goes-option.html

4 comments:

  1. love thisthe colors are great ....lizzi sss

    ReplyDelete

  2. Thanks for join us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.

    Greetings Karin DT Coördinator

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Thanks for join us at Scrapbook Stamp Society Challenge.
    Good Luck!
    Eleonora DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card,I Love image!Thanks for joining us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.
    Welcome again and Good Luck! Gr.Kaija DT-member

    ReplyDelete