Followers

Friday 17 July 2015

Mermaid - an old project

Hi there!

I have a lot of cards that have been shown in various groups on FB, but not yet here on my blog. I'm going to remedy that and will try to catch up on them. I will let you know, when I've shown them all and am up to date with everything.

The first of the old projects, I'm going to show you, is a Mermaid colouring which I was soo astounded by, when it was finished. Never had I thought I could make something like this (sorry if I'm polishing my own halo) LOL. In Kit and Clowder, we've been told NEVER to put our colourings down, but to say something nice about it, and that's what I'm trying to do here.


This is Mermaid Alyce - an image from SimplyBStamps. I think it's safe to say, that it will not be the last time I will colour her. I would like to do her in different colour combos, so she might pop up in here at a later time in a different combo. I added white Molotow dots to her hair.

I used punched out flowers with an added pearl in a matching colour. I also added some die cuts of sea shells, which I distressed to give them a more or less authentic look, and an anchor. The background paper came in a mixed paper pack and matched her colours to perfection.

I hope you like her as much as I do.

Be happy crafting!



3 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! Fantastic job coloring her - you should be tooting your own horn about it!! :)
    Hugs, Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Kirsten....I'd be bragging about it too! Like you, I have tons of cards I have shared on FB but never blogged....one of these days I will follow your example & start blogging them!
    Hugs, Renee

    ReplyDelete