Followers

Tuesday 27 January 2015

Winter card

Hi there,

I've finally had some time to put a few cards together, which I'll show you over the next month or so.

Today I'm going to show you a card with an Alicia Bell motive "Hug". I'd also made the "ski-slope" from Makeitcrafty and placed the "hug"-motive on top of it.  I coloured them both during my Christmas Holidays and they've been in my binder with coloured items looking at me every time I opened it.

I really didn't have a clue as to how to assemble the motives to a card. So today I decided to go through all my papers and see if I could find some inspiration.

 
I found some Pergamano paper from a couple of years back with the sledges on, and that got me thinking, that kids playing in the snow probably would have a sledge nearby, and luckily I have a die with a sledge. I added a few simple icicles and put a matching Pearl in the centre.
 
Looking at the card now, I think that maybe I shouldn't have tilted the "Hug" motive as the children was already on a ski-slope, but it's too late to do anything about that now. I hope you like it anyway :-).
 
I intend to put this project into this challenge:
 
 
Be happy crafting!
 
 



3 comments:

  1. this is super cute and beautiful Kirsten
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kirsten,
    Fabulous card! I love this image.
    I think it's great how you've added it at an angle, and I think the sledge backing papers and die cut look great!
    Thank you so much for sharing at Aliciabel Challenges!
    Hugs, Ang x

    ReplyDelete