Followers

Saturday 24 January 2015

Baby card

Hi there,

On Wednesday January 21st my nephews wife gave birth to their second child, a baby girl, to be named Luna. Their eldest daughter is called Freyja and is almost 3 years old (next month).

I had made this card for the proud parents in celebration of the birth. Since there's no colouring on the card, I don't think it's necessary to watermark it. If I'm wrong please let me know.

I've used my dies to make it and the roses are punched and assembled by myself. I have hundreds more of them in various colours to make, which I do when watching TV. I also added some pearls, and the small flowers on the pram are actually nail embellishments. As soon as I'd put the ivy leaves onto the card with my super quick drying glue, I noticed that I'd forgotten to emboss it :-(. Well, it's still ivy leaves though.

 
 
A friend of mine liked this project so much, that she wanted one for a birth in her family - also a baby girl. I had to make different pink colours on her card as I'd run out of the above coloured paper.  However, I think it turned out very well. This photo was taken before I put on the pearls and the small flowers. I think old age is beginning to set in, because I forgot to take a photo afterwards. BUT at least I didn't forget to emboss the ivy leaves this time :-)
 
 
 
That's all from me for now.
 
Be Happy Crafting!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment