Followers

Thursday 27 November 2014

Christmas card no. 2

Hi there,

It's time to show you my Christmas Card no. 2. I had soooo much fun colouring her and putting this Card together, so I hope you like her as much as I do.


I used My Bestie Img833 and I love her because she's perfect to colour for a beginner like me. There are not too many small details, where I could go outside the lines. Until I feel confident to try digis with more and finer details, I'm very happy to "make do" with this kind. I don't know if Sherri Ann Baldy had beginners in mind when she designed her, but she's perfect for it.

I've die cut the snowflakes and the snowman. I did try to make a coloured version of him, but that only resulted in colouring all over the place, so I decided to go all White on him.

The Winter Wonderland sentiment is from Scrappers Delight and very suitable for my project.

I made small snowballs out of cotton and made a pile of them. 

My backing paper is glitter paper and I think, that it looks like sparkling snow.

It is so much fun, when an idea pops into my head and I have to figure out, how to make it. I sometimes use hours looking for something specific or trying to make something. It's so satisfying when it Works out. The snowballs were quite easy to think of though :-)

This project will enter the following competitions:

http://cagichallenge.blogspot.ca/
http://scrappers-delights-challenge-blog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/challenge-36-anything-goes-or.html
http://mybestiesdutchgirlsdesigns.blogspot.nl/
http://mybestiesaussiechallenge.blogspot.com.au/2014/10/challenge-30-let-it-snow-add-snowflakes.html

Be Happy Crafting!

8 comments:

  1. All your Christmas cards are lovely Kirsten, I really like the colours in this one though, and she is soooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is gorgeous! Really love it. Thank you so much for joining the challenge of My Besties Dutch Girls designs. Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this creation! Glad you could find some "me" time to join in our challenge and share your talent!
    DebbieM - Scrapper's Delights DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great colors. I like the pretty snowflakes, also. Thank you for joining us at Come And Get It challenge. Bunny DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous and you've colored your darling image very well. Thank you for sharing with us at the Come And Get It challenge. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely gorgeous! And your colouring is fantastic....that image is super cute! Thank you for sharing your wonderful project with us at Come And Get It challenge. Neva

    ReplyDelete