Followers

Monday 13 October 2014

Practicing painting - Promarkers

Yesterday I finished my big project of making the wedding invitations mentioned earlier. I immediately found my Promarkers and some Card stock and started practicing painting with them.

Since I'm in Halloween mode at the moment - everywhere you see the most gorgeous witch digi stamps, so of course I jumped on the wagon. My first try was this witch, and I still need to make her into a card:
The painting on the hat is not great as it seems that the lightest grey "eat" the darkest colours when blending them. I've heard various theories to that effect, and am going to try them out in the nearest future to see, if I can avoid this problem. The Card stock might be the problem.

Well, I'd promised to try to participate in a challenge in one of the Facebook Groups of which I'm a member.
The witch in this Photo was entered - I know I could do a lot better with the painting, but the Promarkers are still way out of my comfort zone, so I'm as content as I can be at this stage of my painting. The hair is not perfect, and I have absolutely no idea how I managed to make her skirt see thru.
The spider web is made of ordinary parchment paper. The fence and the cat are die cuts and the label is a free digistamp from somewhere, not sure where I got it anymore.
I'm going to enter this Card in another competition and who knows, maybe - just maybe - .......

Have fun crafting!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Kirsten, Love this card and the gorgeous image, great colour choice. Love the backing papers and the black cat.

    Teighan

    ReplyDelete