Followers

Friday 17 October 2014

Christmas Besties made in July

Hi there,

During the heatwave in July here in Denmark, I sat on my terrasse and painted these Christmas Besties. In the summer I prefer to use my Caran D'Arche aquarelle pencils first and then a water brush to finish with. It's easy and the painting medium doesn't dry while painting. Wednesday I finally got time to assemble these cards.

The first one I also have in a green version with a red Bestie with the 4 corners, and holly leaves + red gems as berries. Cannot remember where I saved that photo, so maybe it'll be added later.

The paper the Besties are on, I coloured myself by colouring a stamp block with markers, then spraying it with Water and finally rubbing the stamp block onto the cardboard.

The snowflakes are made from dies and punches and gems have been added to some of them.

 
On the red card I decided to use my poinsettia dies and replaced two of the corners with the them.

 ¨
On the purple card the poinsettias have been replaced by big snowflakes with gems in the centre.
 


I'm entering this project into My Besties Deutschland Chalenge #8 Alles geht + Option Weihnachten here: http://artesaniasmyfavorites.blogspot.de/2014/10/challenge-8-alles-geht-option-weie.html

 
I've really had fun putting these three cards together and maybe you've been inspired to making them too.
 
Have a few more Halloween projects in mind, so back to those, and I'll show you in a couple of days.
 
Have fun crafting!

5 comments:

  1. Hallo liebe Kirsten,

    wow, gleich drei wundervolle Karten auf einmal. Ich bin begeistert von allen drei Karten. Obwohl es immer das gleiche Motiv ist wirkt jede Karte für sich wieder anders. Eine ganz fantastische Idee und auch Umsetzung. Vielen Dank für die Teilnahme an der My Besties Challenge Deutschland. Ganz liebe Grüße Silvi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liebe Kirsten, gleich 3 Karten und alle so wunderschön gemacht, schön dass du bei My Bestie Challenge Deutschland teilnimmst
    glg Gertrude

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deine Karten sind toll geworden!
    Wunderschöne Farben!
    Schön, dass Du bei My Besties Deutschland mitmachst!
    LG Nela

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice. Love bold cards.
    Thank you for joining us at My Besties Deutschland
    Greetings Geesje

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, thank you so much for join us at My-Besties Deutschland Design challenge this month,i hope you return soonwith another beautiful card! Good luck!
    Hugs Gudrun DT,

    ReplyDelete